Step 1: Create a database via your hosting control panel, refer to your setup email for login information.
• Log in to your hosting control panel
• Mouse over Databases and click MySQL
• Click the Create Database
• Create the database and make note of the database name including the part before the underscore
• Click the Create User
• Enter a username, password and check the database you just created, click Save
Step 2: Download the latest version zip from the WordPress web site
Step 3: Extract the zip file to a directory on your computer
Step 4: Open up wp-config-sample.php in your preferred text editor like NotePad and fill in your database connection details.
• define('DB_NAME', 'putyourdbnamehere');
• define('DB_USER', 'usernamehere');
• define('DB_PASSWORD', 'yourpasswordhere');
• define('DB_HOST', 'mysql2.nextmill.net'); // for older servers this could be mysql1.nextmill.net
Step 5: Save the file as wp-config.php
Step 6: Upload all the WordPress files to a folder on your web server via FTP
Step 7: In order to be able to upload blog content, install styles or plugins some write permissions need to set.
This can be done via the File Manager in your WebsitePanel. Navigate to the wwwroot folder and locate the wp-content folder, click the lock icon. Check the Write options as well as the Child Objects option and click Set Permissions.
Step 8: Point your browser to the directory on your web site where you uploaded the WordPress files and open /wp-admin/install.php to start installation.
Step 9: Enter your blog title, username, password and email and click the Install WordPress button
Step 10: Make note of the username and password and login to start using and administrating your WordPress blog
To keep your site and blog secure it is important to install software updates as soon as possible! Check with the publisher of the software frequently if any updates are available.