The following step by step instructions explain how to configure Windows Mail to retrieve your domain email via POP. Outlook Express is the email client that comes with Windows operating systems prior to Vista.
Step 1: Open up your Outlook Express program
Step 2: Go to the 'Tools' toolbar tab and click 'Accounts'
Step 3: Click the 'Add' button and select 'Mail'
Step 4: Highlight the 'Email Account' option and click 'Next'
Step 5: Now proceed through the setup steps, filling out the following information
• Display Name: the name you want displayed on your emails (e.g. John Doe)
• Email Address: email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Incoming Mail Server Type: POP3
• Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com (no www in there!)
• Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com
• Account Name: email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Password: your email account password
• Leave the Secure Password Authentication unchecked
Step 6: Click the 'Finish' button to exit the wizard and then click 'Close' to exit the accounts screen
Step 7: Click the 'Send/Receive' button to test the account. If you encounter errors go to the 'Tools' tab in the toolbar and select 'Accounts' again. On the 'Mail' tab highlight the account you just created and click the 'Properties' button on the right. Make any corrections needed under the 'Servers' tab and the 'Advanced' tab.