The following step by step instructions explain how to configure Windows Mail to retrieve your domain email via POP. Windows Mail is the email client that comes with Windows Vista, the new Outlook Express if you will.
Step 1: Open up your Windows Mail program
Step 2: Go to the 'Tools' toolbar tab and click 'Accounts'
Step 3: On the 'Internet Accounts' screen click the 'Add' button
Step 4: Highlight the 'Email Account' option and click 'Next'
Step 5: Now proceed through the setup steps, filling out the following information
• Display Name: the name you want displayed on your emails (e.g. John Doe)
• Email Address: email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Account Type: POP3
• Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com (no www in there!)
• Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com
• Email Username: email@example.com
• Password: your email account password
• Click the 'Finish' button and 'Close' to exit the account setup
Step 6: Click the 'Send/Receive' button to test the account. If you encounter errors go to the 'Tools' tab in the toolbar and select 'Accounts' again. Highlight the account you just created and click the 'Properties' button on the right. Make any corrections needed under the 'Servers' tab and the 'Advanced' tab.