The following step by step instructions explain how to configure your Outlook 2007 email client to retrieve your domain email via POP. You can find out which version of Outlook you are using by going to the 'Help' toolbar tab and clicking 'About Microsoft Outlook'.
Step 1: Open up your Outlook program
Step 2: Go to the 'Tools' toolbar tab and click 'Account Settings'
Step 3: On the 'Email' tab click the 'New' button
Step 4: Select the 'Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP' option and click 'Next'
Step 5: Check the 'Manually configure server settings' option and click 'Next'
Step 6: Select the 'Internet Email' choice and click 'Next'
Step 7: Fill out the server and account information
• Your Name: the name you want displayed on your emails (e.g. John Doe)
• Email Address: email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Account Type: POP3
• Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com (no www in there!)
• Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com
• User Name: email@example.com
• Password: your email account password
• Leave the other options at their default setting
Step 8: More Settings
• Click the 'More Settings...' button near the bottom right
• On the 'Outgoing Server' tab check the top 2 options (server requires authentication and use same as incoming)
• On the 'Advanced' tab change the outgoing server port to 587, and make sure SSL is not checked/used.
• Click OK
Step 9: Click the 'Test Account Settings', if all is well click 'Next' to complete the account setup. If you encounter errors make the proper corrections and try again.