The following step by step instructions explain how to configure Microsoft Entourage for Mac to retrieve your domain email via POP.
Step 1: Open up your Microsoft Entourage program
Step 2: Go to the 'Entourage' toolbar tab and click 'Account Settings'
Step 3: In the 'Mail' tab click the 'New' button
Step 4: If the 'Entourage Setup Assistant' appears click 'Configure Account Manually'
Step 5: On the 'New Account' window select 'POP' as account type
Step 6: Fill out the information on the 'Edit Account' window
• Account Name: a label you want to use for this account
• Name: the name you want displayed on your emails (e.g. John Doe)
• Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com)
• Account ID: firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com)
• POP Server: mail.yourdomainname.com (no www in there!)
• Password: your email account password
• SMTP Server: mail.yourdomainname.com
• Click the 'OK' button to finish configuring your email
Step 7: Click the 'Send/Receive' button to test the account. If you encounter errors go to the 'Entourage' tab in the toolbar and select 'Account Settings' again. On the 'Mail' tab highlight the account you just created and click the 'Edit' button. Make any corrections needed and check the advanced option, your ISP might require settings other than default.