The following step by step instructions explain how to configure your Apple Mail email client to retrieve your domain email via POP.
Step 1: Open up your Apple Mail program
Step 2: Go to the 'Mail' toolbar tab and click 'Preferences'
Step 3: Open the 'Accounts' tab and click the (+) plus sign near the bottom
Step 4: Fill out the server and account information
• Account Type: POP
• Description: a label you want to apply to this account
• Full Name: the name you want displayed on your emails (e.g. John Doe)
• Email Address: email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com (no www in there!)
• User Name: email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Password: your email account password
• Outgoing Mail Server: select 'Add Server' and enter mail.yourdomainname.com
• Click the 'OK' button
Step 5: Verify everything is working correctly, if the program generates an error message review your settings, password information, port settings, etc... and try again.